Monday, January 10, 2011

The Troggs Tapes

I had this on a 45 back in the 80s, but I read somewhere that it was first circulated in the mid-70s as a bootleg. It's one of the funniest things ever and I've managed to work various phrases from it into my everyday conversation for over 20 years now. But for those who are unfamiliar with the Troggs Tapes, it is The Troggs of "Wild Thing" fame, in the studio, on a bad day, trying to work out how to play a song and failing miserably at it, but creating a classic recording in spite of themselves.

Got kids in the room? You might want to shoo them out before playing this.

1 comment:

sambson said...

Oh man, that is classic! Dubbah dubbah dubbah Chah! Where the heck did you find this single. I can only imagine it being in Goldmine next to the Black Beatles.